The specialist in library and information science program is a flexible post-graduate certificate course which allows students to focus in depth on a subject of particular interest. The specialist degree can be a means of updating knowledge in a given area or of repositioning oneself in the labor market. This course allows students to customize their coursework depending on their goals. The main requirement of the program is successful completion of an additional coursework.
Librarians will use their understanding of systems design, information literacy, information architecture, usability and similar disciplines to make the information environments we interact with every day more useful and useable. Empowered to adapt to a growing and changing field, you will learn to use information as a tool for transformation in your personal and professional lives.
Course Coordinator : Dr. Laxman Rao Nagubandi
Program URL : www.onlineresearch.in
Campus : Online
Program Type : Certificate
Award Conferred : Certificate
Languages : In English (Programme materials and the online classroom)
The student will be able to manage the libraries in the ICT environment. The students will be equipped with the advanced skills of literature searching, networks, database management and related areas. The student will have necessary analytical skills to solve the problems in managing the libraries in the traditional system and in ICT enabled library services. The students are introduced to the basic areas of research, style manuals and will be able to scientifically communicate the research results with the peers.
- Analyze users' needs and provide the information they require
- Show users how to efficiently search for information on the Internet and in other online resources
- select and purchase materials and prepare those materials by classifying them according to subject matter
- supervise assistants who prepare cards, computer records, or other access tools that direct users to resources
- collect and organize books, pamphlets, manuscripts, and other materials in a specific field, such as rare books, genealogy, art or music
- coordinate programs such as storytelling for children, and computer and literacy skills and book talks for adults
- publicize services
- write grants
In order to take this course scholars must:
√ Have access to a computer.
√ Have continuous broadband Internet access.
√ Have the ability/permission to install plug-ins or software (e.g., Adobe Reader or Flash).
√ Have the ability to download and save files and documents to a computer.
√ Have the ability to open Microsoft files and documents (.doc, .ppt, .xls, etc.).
√ be competent in the English language.
Duration : Duration will be of 3 months.
Course Fees : Course fee is for Indian Rs.5000/- and 100 USD for Overseas Professionals.