Why Is Conflict at Work Such a Problem?
We live in a society that values relationships and connections with other people. To maintain these relationships, we are told to be able to take the other person’s perspective.
But the workplace is not like this. There is a difference between how we would resolve conflict at home or with friends, and how we would do it at work. When you have an issue with your co-worker at work, you are often put in a position where you have to put your own personal feelings on hold until it is resolved because of the nature of work relationships.
This can lead to resentment and tension in your workplace and make conflicts more difficult to resolve.
How to Deal with Negative Emotions in Your Team
There are a lot of negative emotions at work that we must learn how to deal with. This can be done through various skillsets such as mindfulness, emotional intelligence, and being aware of your emotions.
Managing Negative Emotions at Work
Here are some tips on how to manage negative emotions at work:
- Practice mindfulness: To deal with the intensity of negative emotions, it is important to practice mindfulness. This helps you focus on what is happening in the present moment and not take things too seriously or react impulsively.
- Stay away from gossiping: Gossiping can make us feel better but it makes a bad environment for your colleagues and it sets the tone for negativity throughout the workplace. It creates an unproductive environment that is hard to improve later on because people have already formed opinions
Understanding Emotions and Conflict Management at Work
The role of emotions in the workplace is an important topic that needs to be discussed.
We all have different emotions, but it is important to understand and manage them for good productivity. Acknowledging your emotions and understanding their triggers will provide you with a better sense of control. Try not to suppress your feelings and try to communicate them instead!
“Acknowledge your feelings, understand them”
What are the Types of Conflicts That Can Happen in the Office?
Conflicts happen in the office all the time and can be caused by different factors. Some of these conflicts are avoidable, while others have no solution.
In a typical office setting, there are many types of conflicts that could be happening. These include but are not limited to:
- Organizational conflicts like conflicting styles of leadership and conflict between groups
- Personal conflicts like rivalries and personality clashes
- Work-life balance conflicts like over work or family obligations
How to Deal with Criticism and Criticism-Based Negativity
When you are in the middle of your project, the last thing you want is to be criticized or receive negative feedback. However, when you are working towards your goals and making progress towards them, it’s important to be able to deal with criticism and negativity while still moving forward.
When receiving criticism, think about how the person is feeling. How they reacted might not even be what they’re trying to say. For example: a lady might criticize you because she’s jealous of your success and feels bad for being jealous.
When receiving criticism-based negativity, try to release any thoughts about how you’re feeling about it and focus on the issue at hand. Try not to take anything personally – don’t let yourself get caught up in negativity or regretful thoughts during this time so that there isn
5 Best Tips for Dealing With Difficult People on Your Team
Everyone has an annoying coworker. We’ve all had those people that just rub us the wrong way. For example, they are rude or don’t listen to direction. There are plenty of ways to deal with these people without losing your sanity or stressing yourself out.
- Beware of their bad behaviors before they get worse
- Try your best to not take things personally
- Turn the other cheek and walk away if you have time
- Try not to let them get under your skin
- Avoid giving too much information about yourself
This article provides a list of actions that you can take in order to mitigate the impact of the issue and find a solution.
You are confronted with an issue that could cause a huge problem in your working life – Now What?
A lot of things happen during a working day that, at first, are difficult to recognize as an issue. Eventually, these small problems can lead to big issues which will be detrimental for your career. In this article we provide you with some steps that you can take so that the impact is minimized and you find a solution.